Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DigitalSparrow
Contributing MemberPosts: 582Gear list
Like?
Macro Buzzing (9 Pics) Stylus 1
4 weeks ago

Foggy and bit wet and colder today here, so I found an agreeable bee on my patio to play with the macro of the Stylus 1. I am hyper allergic to bees and most other kinds of stinging/biting bugs, so today is a good day to play with this setting. On sunny/hot days I would never get this close...

Super Macro (although the camera was close, it only works on the widest angle) so even though I was uncomfortably close, the pictures appear futher away than others.

I installed a MCON-35 to the Stylus 1 so I could stay further away to take these.

Then I played with the zoom and f-stop to get a few more.

Then my subject had enough of me and flew away... but for me the MCON-35 is a better choice than using the Super Macro by quite a few inches (note: all handheld and some PP and unfortunately I did not realize until afterwards that I had it set to the 2x setting).

DigitalSparrow's gear list:DigitalSparrow's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 4700 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Leica Digilux 2 Olympus C-5050 Zoom +50 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow