Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Forum ProPosts: 11,023Gear list
Like?
Salvation is at hand, Florida
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 6 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

Absoluteley nothing wrong with the second - I love it.

Interesting comment because I think that if it wouldn't be so darn noisy that the first one would be more compelling.

I thought the second was a slam dunk when I was there but when I got home it seemed so far a way and small compared to my experience being there. I think you like it because you oblivious to how much better it actually was.

Ah, you need to:

1. Adjust the format so it is long and narrow
  2. Print it up big and stick it on the wall
  3. View it only in the early morning
  4. View it with the audio and olfactory files switched on and set at an appropriate volume.

LOL!

But seriously -- this just cries out to me for the top and bottom of the pic to be severely cropped and for it to be viewed BIG.

I have the same kind of problem every time I photograph Rabaul (see the banner pic in my rabaulpng.com site).

Five years from now I will probably understand what went wrong but now, if I went back there tomorrow and tried again I wouldn't know how to do it better... #2 that is. #1 I'd do at f4.

Do #1 at f4 and weep for the loss of the stars around the lights.

Or prove me wrong and get the stars and as a bonus, have a good chuckle at the smart a*se (Aust/UK spelling!) who seemed to think only a very small aperture would do it!

I will be checking Part 2. LOL again!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow