*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.23 ***

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,180Gear list
Like?
Melbourne's signature
In reply to sylon, 4 weeks ago

Hiya sylon

Yaelle suggested the station looked as though it might have had a night out. (It used to be the location for nights out, of course -- I believe the big ballroom still exists.) But in this case, maybe the photographer had a night out?

This pic needs one of the most simple post processing techniques -- rotation -- to get the verticals vertical and the horizontals horizontal. Do you do PP or do you rely on everything straight out of the camera (dubbed OOC on this forum)? A bit of light PP can do wonders, even when the image quality is as excellent as the GM1 delivers.

A bit of an increase in contrast and brightness would have helped bring out more detail given the flat lighting.

The second pix gets a very nice sunset but I found the crane against light and dark backgrounds, quite distracting.

Again, PP can come to the rescue.

I have copied your picture, then in PhotoLine (<$100 and a few minutes download for a very versatile app) selected and copied a small slice adjacent to the crane and copied and pasted it over the crane. I have left the crane partly uncovered to illustrate what I did. Once the slice is in place, minor adjustment of the image conceals the deceit.

I hope you like the result:

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow