Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Muggo
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 5 very slow
3 months ago

I'm finding LR 5 very slow.  In Develop module, sometimes the Downloading msg seems to just stay there forever.  Full screen view can also take a long while & sometimes hangs completely. Once an image is loaded into Develop, it runs just fine when editing.

5.4 used to be generally OK but I upgraded to 5.5 & had to revert back to 5.4 due to performance issues.  I tried an upgrade to 5.6 but quickly went back to 5.4 as it was so slow.

I'm running 64bit on a quad core PC with 16Gb RAM so that shouldn't be the issue.  The CPU & memory utilisation when running LR is quite low.

I'm currently moving my libraries from a USB2 to a USB3 disk to see if that helps, but I doubt it will as the slowdown I can't handle is when the library has fully loaded.

In case it is relevant, moving an image to PS is also slow but I don't do that too often so it isn't a real issue.

Does anyone have any performance enhancing tips please?

Many thanks

Paul

Muggo's gear list:Muggo's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow