ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RyantheRyno
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
$200 Used DSLR Budget For Indoor Photos of Pianos
4 months ago

Hello, thank you for taking a look.

I'm in the market for a DSLR that will be acceptable for taking photos in a warehouse style environment. The lighting will not be ideal, generally mediocre indoor lighting and at times glare/lots of sun from a few windows.

The photos are for a company website. Currently the inventory is captured using a point and shoot, examples: http://imgur.com/a/B1yXx

I'm interested in used cameras from KEH.com, as they have a Nikon D40 for $168. I owned a D40 that I sold for $300 about 4 years ago, and I enjoyed it while I had it. I owned a Nikon D3200 briefly and I wasn't that impressed for the price difference. Then again, I am a novice.

I'm also curious what lens to use? I'm not sure if a prime would be good for this application, but that's my first thought. Perhaps I could get a prime and a kit lens.

Company budget is $200 for everything! Small budget, I know - but it should be enough to get a used DSLR, right?

I appreciate any help, I love this community!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow