Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nuke12
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
Lets compare mfg's TCs
1 month ago

Optically, who makes the best Nikon fit TCs?

First off, let me say, I'm not a big fan of TCs. In my 40 years of using the dang things, I've never been really pleased with the results. Obviously, they steal some IQ and some light. I currently have the now older TC-14E II and the TC-20E III. Both very well built. Both are very fussy about what lenses they will go on and that is even after they are modified. I'd hazard to say the TC-14E II is probably the best TC I've used in 40 years but I still prefer not to use it.

Yes, I know the Nikon TCs work best on the exotic long primes. Obviously, the better the IQ of the lens and the less of a transmission loss, the TC will preform better.

What about other mfg's TCs? How do they stand up against the Nikon ones? Is there any of them that are better, as good as, on Nikon lenses then the native ones?

Do we have any TC testers out there?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow