Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ace106
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
Told off for taking picture.
4 weeks ago

So I'm relatively new to photography and I still have a lot to learn and I had an unusual situation happen which I'm curious if it was my fault and if I handled it right or wrong.

I was out and about taking some pictures of mostly wild animals. I came upon a couple of people fishing at a lake so I stopped and watched them. I asked them if I could take a few pictures while they fished and they didn't mind. Anyway during this time, a woman walking a dog came over to this area and her dog was running about. So I took a few pics of the dog and then the woman said "What are you doing?".

I said that I took a picture of her dog and she got mad and said "I wish you wouldn't do that." I asked her why, and she said "because it is my dog and I don't want people taking pictures of my dog and that I had no right to do that."

So I pointed out that she is in public and that it was not illegal for me to take a picture of someone's dog. She didn't care and felt that I was in the wrong. Anyway after she told me her opinion on the matter she and her dog then left.

Anyway was I in the wrong here? Do you have to always ask someone to take their picture or a picture of their dog or anything else they own (car, motorcycle, etc)?

Has anyone else had complaints or get told off for taking a picture in public or am I just lucky?

ace106's gear list:ace106's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow