>>>> Weekly "Is it ART?" Thread, Aug 23 2014 <<<<

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,280
Like?
A "Murmuration oƒ Crows"
In reply to Erik Ohlson, 3 weeks ago

I've lived here at the intersection of several vallies, for about 30 years and two evenings ago I saw more crows that I'd ever seen before at one time - this is just a part of the conglomeration: I actually forgot to take a picture before they began to break up into groups.

I just stood there, gaping as several flocks converged into one huge swirl of screaming crows - it did not sound like CROWS, the multitude of "Caws" blended into a very different sound which as I type this reminds me that a video - with sound - would have been best. I never think of video  

There was just at first this strange noise, and then flocks of them joined in a vast swirl, approached pretty close and seemed about to land not far away, but instead broke up again.

This was snapped when they began to split back into individual flocks. Some PP, contrast & the like - no birds added: a few cut off at the edges removed.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Art?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow