Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edward Sargent
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,336Gear list
Like?
Issue with A77MII
4 months ago

I spent the better part of last night calibrating my lenses in the basement. At least the focal lengths less than 100 mm. I get to the last lens, Sony 70-400 and I can't get it to auto-focus. I wasted at least an hour trying to make it work. Finally, when the sun came out I took the whole mess upstairs and tried it, now it works!

Finally with my eye to the EVF I realized I had bumped the flexible spot way over to the left while changing the lens. In the basement my illumination was all on the LensAlign and the background (covered by the Flexible spot) was 15 feet away. Since the background was very dark compared to the LensAlign the spot was a grey rectangle to the side, I noticed it and was wondering why it was there but I continued on wasting my time:-D Talk about back-focus!

Lesson learned. Turn off the camera or don't have the menu on while changing the lens.

-- hide signature --

Sarge
A99| A77II| QX10
Bower 8mm & 14mm
Sony 28-75|70-200 G|70-300 G|70-400 G
Minolta 35-70|50mm|200 G|1.4 & 2X TC
Tamron 90|1.4 TC
Albums at www.sony-snapper.com

Edward Sargent's gear list:Edward Sargent's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +25 more
Sony a77 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow