Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colin Smith1
Contributing MemberPosts: 501Gear list
Like?
New Olympus E-M1 and Lenses - Question about RAW files
4 weeks ago

Hi everyone.  After nearly a year of wishing I wasn't getting older (and that my back would get better) I am selling my Canon Full Frame cameras and lenses and moving to M4/3's .  I have ordered the M1 and four lenses, 12-40 PRO, 75-300, 60 macro, and the 75 1.8.  They will be delivered next week.  Since I always shoot RAW, I am wondering about post processing.  I use Adobe PS 5 and it won't open the M1 raw files.  I can also use Adobe's free DNG converter like I currently do with my 6D, and than the files will open in PS.  Is the Olympus software supplied with this camera worth using?  Anyone have any other suggestions, other than moving to Lightroom which I do not want to do.  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow