Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GearGuru
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
Fuji please give us pixel re-mapping
1 month ago

I currently own the Fuji X-T1 and X-E2 and both continue to have issues with hot pixels showing up in every single frame in the exact same spot. I also used to own an X-E1 and I had hot pixel issues with it as well. The X-E2 went to Fuji repair in New Jersey a total of 3 times so far for pixel re-mapping. They covered it under warranty, but on each occasion I was without my camera for about two weeks each - so a total of six weeks without camera. After each pixel re-mapping things were fine for a while but eventually hot pixels started showing up again. At this point I've decided it's just not worth it to send the camera in as it never seems to really work and it's easy to clone out the hot pixels. Some are white, some are red, and some are blue. They show up in the exact same spot on every image.  I also use Nikon cameras and have for years and have never had a hot pixel issue with any Nikon ever.

Fuji, could you please give us pixel re-mapping in camera through a menu item? Canon and other manufacturers offer this and it seems so simple. I'm sure it bogs down your system and repair facilities having people send their cameras in for a simple fix like remapping. At the very least, a user-downloadable utility that could be run to do the remapping ourselves.

Do others agree that this would be a nice feature and have others too had issues with hot pixels?

GearGuru's gear list:GearGuru's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +21 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow