ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meuh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,142Gear list
Like?
A7 in low light with manual lens?
3 months ago

Hi there.

I'm a long time pentax shooter who's looking to upgrade, I was thinking about just grabbing a k3 but I was wondering how the sony's are when using manual focus in low light?

I don't mind manual focus, in fact I love it but trying to manual focus fast primes with my k5 is hopeless due to the small apcs viewfinder (and I wear glass's) so I'm thinking the sony a7 with its focus peaking could help a lot but I have no idea as I've never tried one.

I'm thinking of something to use along with my pentax gear, currently I have a few manual lens.

Pentax
24mm f1.4
28mm f2.8
50mm f1.7
85mm f2.0
130mm f2.8

M42 bunch of stuff

Minolta
50mm f1.4

I also have a Sigma 24-60 f2.8 (ff lens.. but would need an adaptor with aperture control) and wouldn't mind trying some of my da* lens on it even if I had to crop the frame a bit later (so an a7r could be better?).

The camera would be used in low light/event type stuff along with my k5 currently (as my sigma dp's need good light) and possibility in the future as a back for a technical camera for my studio.

Any info you could give me would be great.. and also I know its silly but can you get a similar look to MF by using a speed booster on the a7? I know you will have to crop the frame a bit at times (I don't mind this) but its just something that I wonder.

Meuh's gear list:Meuh's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +3 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow