Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
love_them_all
Senior MemberPosts: 2,743
Like?
If Leica really want to do a real retro digital camera
Aug 23, 2014

They should not stop half way. Bring back the old film advance lever along with the signature silky smooth wind. Use that to cork the shutter. Then you will have the complete Leica experience back. Everybody was shooting 1 frame at a time, very few bother to spend the money on the winder, so why all the change now? There are plenty of cameras out there doing 5fps or more.

The body design should also follow the original MP or the M3.

Bring back the film rewind lever as well but use that as a function dial in disguise. If the original Leica range finder is so perfect, nothing should be left out IMO.

Red dot or no red dot, I really don't care, but they can make it as an option I suppose.

I know some of you may think this is crazy. I am not asking Leica to discontinue anything. This retro digital should be a special model on top of what they have. I am confident to say even at $9k or $10k they will find customers, just not the majority of people here, that's all.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow