ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rjansenbr2
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
First lens set for A7
4 months ago

First lens set for A7

So I have been wondering about buying a A7.

Initially I thought of getting it along with the 28-70 kit lens, the FE 35mm and 55mm.

The kit would serve me for general shooting and for video due to the image stabilization.

The 35 would serve as my primary lens. I like the field of view and it's size is very convenient.

The 55 also have a very usable FOV for my kind of shooting and seem to be a great and versatile lens for portrait.

That would make a fairly good kit for my style of shooting. After I could add a wider prime (like a 21 or 24) and a tele (like a 100 or 135).

Thinking again the problem is that those two prime lenses are VERY expensive. And are only 1.8 and 2.8!!!

Looking for an alternative I found the voigtlander 40mm 1.4. It's manual, of course, but 1.4, small and half the price of the FE 35mm.
Also, it's a beautiful lens, although the bokeh isn't the best (the Sigma mm 1.4 I had is much better) .

Well, do you think it makes sense to skip the FE 35mm and get a voigtlander 40mm?

And I would still get the FE 55mm and the kit lens.

Any suggestions?

Rjansenbr2's gear list:Rjansenbr2's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow