Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,628Gear list
Like?
Don't shoot my EOS-M enough,
4 months ago

but I made it a point to use it a bit today as I dropped off my daughter at school.

Random thoughts about its usage again.

Again the 18MP Canon APS-C sensor is dated, just not a whole lot of latitude in post, but at least because its an LCD shooter you should always be nailing your exposure.

Build quality is still so impeccable and its shutter sound is so nice and damped.  It still looks like a brand new camera and I don't do that stupid sticky LCD screen protector crap that looks terrible anyways.  LCD is still nice and bright to use, touch screen still one of the better implementations.  AF with adapted EF lenses still under-rated.  The old Canon 50mm f1.4 on an APS-C high MP sensor is about the worst combination you can shoot at wide open on paper cause you will be told that there are other 'native' portrait primes that are so good blah blah.  I actually don't really find that to be the case...I think the adapted 50 1.4 is just as good if not better for the money than the Olympus 45mm 1.8.  Course the latter is tiny...but the latter is the only lense I've ever had the horror of having to play lens lottery a multitude of times.  Not a lot of 1.4 portrait primes for other systems...and the f1.2 ones are very expensive.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow