$2500 budget... blank slate...what should i buy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CalgaryDad
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
$2500 budget... blank slate...what should i buy?
1 month ago

So I asked a stupid question earlier about which camera I should buy for my budget. I said all was concerned about was pristine IQ at low and high Iso (I know dumb wording).

I know more what I am Looking for. I have 2000-2500 to spend. I don't care which system as long as it has some decent -mid priced lenses (esp. Primes).

I am hesitant with Sony because the e-mount lenses are a huge disappointment (unless you go Zeiss, which is way out of my price range)

I borrowed my buddy's d800 with the nikkor 24-70 2.8 (I know, out of my price range) but I'm glad I did because it revealed some things to me.

I have come to love the articulating LCD on my NEX -5R, live view and the real-time exposure adjustments that shown on the LCD. I would like to have this feature. Both the real-time exposure preview on live-view as well as articulating screen.

I shoot mainly my own kids. As you know kids are quite active so lots of chasing them around. I am also in lots of low-light situations (indoor parties/gatherings) so useable photos up to 6400 (for 4x6 and 5x7 prints). Even higher would be a huge plus.

I only shoot raw and use Lightroom 4 for all my adjustments.

Thank you so much for your time!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow