ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LP99XJ
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
D5100 Images only clear and sharp using live view
2 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone has experienced this and found the problem which causes this as well.

I've had my D5100 for about 2 years now, probably over 10,000 pictures taken. It took beautiful pictures all up until about a few months ago where I was getting a lot of noise even at high ISO. I generally shoot in Aperture priority since most of shots are of my baby daughter but I can sometimes get a professional looking photo in this mode. Anyway, lately the pics have either been noisy or just plain out of focus. I don't shoot in dusty conditions but I did see some dust inside. I have a Nikon pen to keep the lenses clean and actually was successful using it on the internal mirror to remove a smudge. I was getting razor sharp images and was ecstatic and thought it was all good. Now after some time, the camera will only focus properly in live view mode. If I am shooting normally through the viewfinder I choose where I want to focus and take the pic. Checking the shot on the camera, there is no spot on the LCD where the picture is in focus. If I take the pic in live view, I can get eyeballs dead on balls sharp. The lenses I am using are the Tamron 18-270 and Nikon 35mm 1.8 both of which produced excellent pictures up until the problems started. Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow