X-Pro1 + Nikon 180mm/2.8 AIS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
nikon201068
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 + Nikon 180mm/2.8 AIS
In reply to slimandy, 1 month ago

slimandy wrote:

Nice lens but the bulk kind of defeats the reason I bought into Fuji, particularly with an adapter added. I wonder if the 55~200 or even the lightweight 50~230 wouldn't have done just as well.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

You obviously do not know much about photo lenses and their uses. There are many things this 180mm/2.8 can do that any of the zooms you mentioned cannot or capable of doing. If you really understand photography, you'd know.

I already have a good collection of Nikon MF lenses ranging from 15mm to 500mm in fixed and zoom lenses and I want to use it with the X-Pro1 (mind you).

I was on my short break at work and only had this combo on my hands. Took this picture of what I saw and liked. I didn't post it to win any award but just to share what I took with this combo. Never claimed any of the zooms you mentioned is not capable of doing the same thing here.

I have always been a Fujifilm user. I have had the S1, S2, S3 and S5 when they first came out and now still have the S5. I have the X-pro1, the X-E1 with the 55-200, XF 56mm F1.2 R, Zeiss Touit 32mm F1.8 but I find myself using the X-Pro1 most of time, trying out with my other MF lenses.

Seemed like should stick with your 55-200 or 50-230 if you have one because this is definitely " defeats the reason I bought into Fuji", whatever reasons they may be.

In the meantime, I am enjoying my X-pro1 and the lenses I have.  Thank you for your input though.

D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow