Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JDPhotography
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
HS50 Newbie
4 months ago

Ok. I guess I'll start off saying I am a complete noob to this camera. (HS50exr) Before this camera I had (and still have) a Canon Elph 300HS which I love. A few months back I decided I wanted an upgrade and started looking into bridge cameras. I narrowed it down to the FZ200 and HS50. The HS50 won me over with the longer zoom and some other small things, along with a $50 dollar price difference. Anyway, I got the camera several weeks ago in June. I LOVE this thing. It is a huge upgrade (as I knew it would be) from my little Elph. Anyway, I've been taking pictures of everything from birds to the moon and landscapes and figured I'd make an account here and show y'all a few pictures and see if you had any tips as far as improving my skills. This is my first camera with real manual controls as far as shutter speed ISO and aperture so any advice is welcome. Here's a few pictures. ( I don't have any good editing software. I only have gimp and have no money so kinda limited as far as editing.)

I edited this picture a little. Just adjusted brightness and contrast a little. And cropped it a little I think.

No edit here. I used the"fantasy" setting on this picture.

No edit

No edit. Just the "fantasy" setting again.

No edit

No edit

Edited the brightness and Contrast

Edited brightness and contrast.

Edited brightness and contrast

This picture is a little blurry. No editing on this.

I'm also a little interested in astrophotography. I have heard this camera doesn't do well in that area. I know it is limited to 100 ISO at 30 sec exposure. If I stacked a lot of those would it be decent? what about higher iso with shorter shutter? I have tons of questions. Again, any advice would be great and I can't wait to get deeper into this hobby and learn more from you guys!

JDPhotography's gear list:JDPhotography's gear list
Canon ELPH 300 HS Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow