Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
frankwwt
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
$1k for SD1M or DP2Q
3 months ago

Hi, I just want to have people's opinion on an $1,000 budget at this timing, whether it's better to go for a used SD1M (the ones from Japan are so cheap!) or a new DP2Q. Thanks.

I have been a DP2S user for three years and really love the Foveon color and image quality. I acquired a SD14 and three basic SA lenses (50mm/2.8, 10-20mm, 18-200mm) in April, and had some pleasing shots so far this summer. Now I'm ready for trying out a newer generation.

I've been reading all the reviews and comparisons between the M and Q generation, and they are really, just different, not comparable, in many ways. To me the biggest advantage of getting the SD1M is the ability of shooting ultra wide with the 10-20mm I already have. As for DP2Q, it might bring me back to the days with just a smaller camera to carry around (even though it's significantly bigger than DP2S).

Any opinion appreciated!

frankwwt's gear list:frankwwt's gear list
Sigma DP2s Ricoh GR Sigma SD14 Sigma SD1 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 +3 more
ANSWER:
Sigma DP2 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow