FLC's are challenging the DSLR market - Thoughts.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Miles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,696Gear list
Like?
FLC's are challenging the DSLR market - Thoughts.
3 weeks ago

So you go to the store and you pick up a Sony RX10 or RX100, or perhaps you pick up the Panasonic FZ1000. Suddenly you're talking about some decent gear.

Which ever way I look at it, ILC sales to the non-enthusiast looks like a sure fire target for what will doubtless be an increasing selection of FLC's in the coming months.

My personal experience with Panasonic cameras has witnessed a stepped leap in image quality for the FZ range with the release of the FZ1000. I hear similar stories about the Sony equipment. But rumblings in the Panasonic forum definately suggest that the FZ1000, though big, is small according to DSLR + lenses carriers, who see the FZ1000 as having image quality sufficient to leave the heavier gear at home; or state to have sold said gear already, or be planning to sell it, in some threads.

So who's looking? Is the latest 1" sensor image quality tempting? Are you currently lugging gear but would rather not be? Does that gear stay at home? In which case what is your current go to camera?

-- hide signature --

FZ50 is still great though: http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=panasonic_lumix_fz50 . Performace diagram here: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3862228415/photos/2623982/fz50-performance-range

John Miles's gear list:John Miles's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow