Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dsquirrel
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
A77II AF question
4 months ago

I was playing around with an A77II in the Sony store yesterday and the salesman confused the hell out of me. I was using the AF in the mode where you get to move the box around to select which part of the frame you want the camera to focus on, and then the salesman started telling me that on the phase array sensor, the pixels where larger in the middle and were f2.8.

I asked him a few other questions, but he kept repeating that, and then went to the computer to look it up, at which point I left. There was a bit of a language barrier, so I figured I would consult the AF junkies on DP.

Could anyone clarify what he was talking about? Does pixel size vary across the sensor?

-- hide signature --

If you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around. They say ‘well if you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where is the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well, you are responsible for everything they’ve done. You’ve caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who, in fact, did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with. -George Carlin
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vanquishmedia/

dsquirrel's gear list:dsquirrel's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow