Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FodgeandDurn
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Canon Mirrorless Strategy?
3 months ago

I'm just curious why the fact that Canon are barely developing their mirrorless format is so little commented on?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot of very satisfied EOS M users, but as someone who follows camera news I am struck by how incredibly little I hear about Canon mirrorless.

Contrast this with the constant discussion about Nikon's quirky mirrorless strategy..

Canon have developed the mount and the system but only released one camera which is now ageing (albeit with a price that still makes it appealing to some), and with it's plastic compact looks hardly covers the breadth of the potential mirrorless market.

I'm sure we'd all benefit greatly from a manufacturer like Canon fighting their corner in mirrorless, even those of us who aren't going to buy Canon - so what's with the lack of comment? And are they going to release a camera that responds to any of the great things other manufacturers have released.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow