ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Sony A7, X-T1, or E-M1? Need some help!
4 weeks ago

Hey all!

I'm thinking of possibly getting a Sony A7 to use on an upcoming cruise to Alaska that I'm taking at the end of September. Actually, I've been thinking of getting one for awhile. I've played with one quite a few times and I really like the EVF, The controls, and I REALLY enjoy the yellow Focus Peaking for Manual focusing. However, my question here is if it would be good to get one for my upcoming cruise along with a few of the native lenses such as the 28-70mm or 24-70mm lens and the 35mm f2.8 prime and be able to perhaps crop where and when needed? I'm not necessarily concerned about catching wildlife but more of just the scenery, landscapes if you will.

I have a Fuji X-T1 now that I'm just finding to have less of a connection with the more I use it...the dials system just isn't what I thought it would be. Although the EVF is also really nice for manual focusing (Not as nice as the A7's in my opinion though!) and the cost of the lenses aren't really making me too happy considering that the A7's a Full Frame and the lenses are pretty close in pricing.

I've also been going back and forth considering an Olympus E-M1 as well, but can't seem to pull the trigger on it due to the IQ...even though the prices for lenses are much more favorable in my opinion. But, Manual Focusing doesn't seem as great as the X-T1 or A7.

Again, I almost always shoot landscapes and some portraits here and there. All just for fun, and all usually just posted to the web. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow