Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CityOfAngels
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Iridient Developer produces better results than Lightroom
7 months ago

I've always used Lightroom to process my RAW photos, so naturally I continued using it when I got my X-T1 not too long ago. I recently read some blog posts and discussions regarding Lightroom's inability to process the X-Trans RAW files properly, so I decided to give Iridient Developer a shot. From my experience, I notice improvements in sharpness and detail across every picture I tested using Iridient Developer. I'm attaching some screenshots below so you can see the differences.

I tried a bunch of different sharpness settings, but these are the most common ones I used in Lightroom.

Here is a comparison of some car details from a photo I took last week. From left to right, we have Lightroom processed with no changes, Lightroom processed with the sharpness settings above, and Iridient Developer processed with the standard R-L Deconvultion settings.

Here was another picture I took today of a backpack, pictures are in the same order.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow