Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CMurdock
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
How do I get sharper images? NX1100
4 months ago

I photograph and sell colorful products.  I recently purchased the NX1100 because it has good color accuracy.  It came with the 20-50mm kit lens.  My photos are not coming out as sharp as the photos I was getting from my old Canon point-and-shoot camera, and I'm wondering if there is anything that I can do about it.

To be specific, I sell colorful glass beads at www.purebeads.com.  The composition of my photos isn't important; all that's important is that I post an accurate picture of the beads.  I will lay a "hank" of beads out on a white dinner plate, and then photograph it from about 18 inches above (I do all this in front of a window using natural daylight).  My camera settings are wide angle and Program mode, and I let the camera select the ISO.  I'll take 8 different photos at 3 different exposure-compensation settings.

Sometimes the entire plate of beads will come out slightly soft (soft, not blurry).  At other times, the outer edges of the beads will come out soft.  And if I don't hold the camera perfectly over the plate, sometimes one side of the beads will be softer than the other.  How do I get all the beads to be in perfect focus?

I'm a pretty smart person, but I've never fully understood the relationship between aperture size and shutter speed, etc.  If I should be taking my shots in A or S mode, I'm not aware of that.  Or perhaps I shouldn't be using wide angle (if I zoom in too much, I don't get everything in the shot).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Samsung NX1100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow