Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,178Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000 Prime Lenses
In reply to Ozyxy, 1 month ago

Ozyxy wrote:

heartdisease wrote:

I don't know if anyone mentioned the SEL 50 1.8 but its a great lens. Even more so when you consider the price & its excellent OSS. I have the Sigma 60mm prime also & the Sony is even better imho.

Reviews say the Sigma has more sharpness than the Sony, I have the Sigma and I want to buy the Sony too for its OSS and f/1.8 awesomeness, but I don't think the Sony would exceed the Sigma's sharpness. I think I will keep the Sigma as my main portrait telephoto lens and I will use the Sony as a low light lens or a video lens because of its OSS.

In what ways have you found the Sony better than the Sigma? Want to post a sample picture?

I'm also interested in this, as I'm considering both. I prefer the Sigma focal length, and sharpness does seem higher per reviews. OSS is a feature, as are subjective considerations like bokeh and contrast. The Sigma doesn't do AF tracking, which is disappointing. No indications from Sigma that firmware will be added either.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow