Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000 Prime Lenses
In reply to audiobomber, 1 month ago

audiobomber wrote:

nevercat wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

tomtom50 wrote:

PDAF does work with the Sigmas, but only in the center.

I don't believe it does. My 30mm Touit does not support PDAF,

But Tomtom50 wa talking about the Sigma, not the Touit. The Touit needs a FW update that must be done (free of charge) by Zeiss.

There is no firmware update available at this time for the Touits.

yet in AF-C mode with Wide focus area, I get flashing green squares in the Center AF area. Clearly this does not show that PDAF is available, because everyone agrees the Touit does not use PDAF. From your description, the Sigma acts the same way.

I've read a lot on this forum that Sigma lenses only use PDAF on the centre point...

Then I would say they are confused, as TomTom50 is, by the flashing green squares in AF-C mode, Wide zone focus. If the Sigma allows PDAF, then show me how it differs from the Touit, which clearly does not allow PDAF.

-- hide signature --

Dan

This is an ongoing argument. I asked Sigma:

Contrast detection only for now, we do not have a Firmware update for the Hybrid system yet.

Yours Truly,

Paul Pizzano

Sigma Corporation of America

That was their response in June as regards the 19 and 30. I've seen no fw updates since.

erringtont's gear list:erringtont's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow