Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timothy S Broadley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462
Like?
Entertainment :-) I hope
4 months ago

As some of you know, a couple of weeks ago I had my camera equipment stolen. Well the good news is that I was covered  and am looking forward to a spending spree shortly!!. What was stolen was an a99 with the 70-400 v1 with an a6000 including an 18-105 G lens, 16/30/50mm lenses, and HVl58 flash (plus adapter dammit) and buches of other stuff. This is what I call my lightweight outfit i.e one I tailor when airline flight restrictions kick in. So with that in mind, I have been contemplating my upcoming spending spree and I thought I'd throw it out there for your entertainment and comment.

1. replace pretty mucvh everything as is except i would get the FE70-200mm, the 16-70 emount and probably the 50mm/1.8 emount.

2. replace the a6000 as above and wait to see if the there is an a99 mk2 on the horizon

3. skip the a6000 and get a a77 mk2 with the 70-400mm and wait and see if there is a99 mk2 OR get another a99

4. do 3 above and throw in a RX100 mkiii for walkabout

5. Get a a7r with  a77mk11.  That would mean getting the FE70-200 and the 24-70 Zeiss and the 70-400mm

6  Check out a Nikon 810 yeah, yeh that invokes all kinds of things

7. Save the money and buy a new 50Mp back for my Hassies. The insurance won't go far enough to cover it all but it gets me within the realm of manageability.

I just thought it was kind of humorous about how far my mind wandered   Anyway, Hope y'all got a kick out of it and anythoughts will be most graciously considered:-)

So as you can see my mind has been "awandering"

Cheers

Tim

Nikon 1 V1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow