Shop cameras & lenses ▾
GlobalGuyUSA
Senior MemberPosts: 1,577Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series, the 3D-look and real photos
In reply to anotherMike, Aug 21, 2014

anotherMike wrote:

Heavy Edit to my original reply...

I think what each photographer photographs has a huge bearing on this topic. [.....] But in general, I just don't see the point of only going for "character" lenses that suffer in the basics of optic design (due to age of when they were designed) just because one dislikes the modern look of images, other than if your work is strongly bokeh oriented. Get better at post is my usual recommendation - it's an area every single one of us can always grow in, myself included.

-m

So is there a set of lenses you trust on the D800E/D810, then, aM?  I interested in which set of lenses satisfy your criteria (within reason), whether older or newer glass, 3rd party, 1st party, doesn't matter.  I'd prefer if we limit the discussion to lenses under $2K though.  The exotics and OTUSes of the world are pretty well known.

But which lenses, out of the masses, would you pick out under your more rigid standards?

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
GlobalGuy

GlobalGuyUSA's gear list:GlobalGuyUSA's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow