ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lisetta1
Contributing MemberPosts: 642
Like?
FZ 1000 - Is it REALLY a Game Changer?
4 months ago

Hi all, nice forum.

Like a lot of people who've been visiting here of late, I've never had a Panasonic. When I finally broke away from Canon, I came close to buying the FZ200 but the build of the Fuji X-S1 edged it out by just a little.

But y'all have got me seriously looking at the FZ1000. I think the camera companies (certainly Canon) are conceding a lot of the market to smartphones now and the market over all seems kind of directionless (or maybe too many directions). So bridge cams... superzoom compacts...mirrorless ... DSLRs... which do you feel are most threatened by the FZ1000, if any?

For example, it's twice the price of the SX50, HS50, FZ200, X-S1 etc. and gives a third the zoom. Assuming enthusiasts who -aren't- interested in video (personally, I am, but I think a lot of people buying bridge cams aren't), do you think the IQ and features are attractive enough to take a lot of sales from the cheaper superzooms?

And, at the other end, do you think this is the camera that will get the people who buy lower-end DSLRs to reconsider an all-in-one fixed lens system? Will it effect mirrorless camera sales in the same way?

I can tell it's a very good camera, but its 400mm and priced between other bridge cams (except of course the RX10) and low-end DSLRs.  Just guesses, of course, but how much effect do you think it will have?

Is the FZ1000 going to be just another "innovative, good bridge cam with strong sales" or is it a genuine game-changer?

Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow