Sigma 120-400 not discontinued in K-mount?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 2,811Gear list
Like?
Sigma 120-400 not discontinued in K-mount?
4 weeks ago

I read somewhere (maybe here) that Sigma has discontinued their 120-400 APO OS HSM lens.  But when I look at the Sigma website and click on the drop-down for choosing camera mount it still shows Pentax, Sigma and Sony mounts as available.  Canon and Nikon are missing.  That is a first for me, usually Pentax is the first mount I see dropping off the list.  This could possibly mean several different things:

1. Sigma is developing an answer to the Tamron 150-600 (but only in Canon and Nikon mount).

2. Sigma is still selling this lens in the mounts they've kept but not so much any more in Nikon and Canon mount.  Think Nikkor 80-400 and Canon is planning a new 100-400.

3. Sigma didn't sell a lot in the mounts they've kept and the fact they're still on shelves out there keeps the selection available on the Sigma website but all versions of the lens have actually been discontinued from being manufactured.

Not sure which.

Cheers.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow