Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RightLight
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Trying to understand D750
4 months ago

Once the 'genuine' rumor on new Nikon full frame camera came out, the immediate question that came to mind was: What? There does not seem to be any gap between the existing full frames, unless Nikon is delving into the mirrorless territory. Now, after a few days of trying to make sense, I am coming to this point: Nikon is possibly dividing their high end FF camera into two categories: sports and landscape. We know, in terms of resolution D800(E)/810 are reaching to the teritoy of MF cameras, with some compromise to the speed (frame rate). If one thinks this way, there is a real gap on the other side: A little low resolution camera with higher frame rate and hence D750. In my view, D750 will be similar to D810, and price will not be very different (~$3000). The main difference will be the preference of the photographer. In the extreme stretch of this, I will not be surprised if Nikon comes of with a landscape version of possible D5 in future.

RightLight's gear list:RightLight's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +7 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow