Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,034Gear list
Like?
Re: Heads up, no FF.
In reply to Petroglyph, 2 months ago

Petroglyph wrote:

pixelsmithy wrote:

He's already commented in earlier threads.

I believe the one new thing left to be revealed is the long (full frame capable, wink-wink, nudge nudge) telephoto zoom.

X to 400-something, if memory serves.

I still think FF is coming, just not at Photokina. The 24MP provides a window of opportunity. They could sell side-by-side a top of the line 24 MP APS-C (K-3) and a 24 MP full frame camera and give consumers the choice (with the full frame being an extra $999 or so). Sony makes both sensors now. The entry level cameras are clearly going to move up to 20MP.

-- hide signature --

+1. One other thing I always forget is what Ricoh themselves said back just after the new year, something to the effect they feel that a FF sensor will work with the (then) new K3 body style and they will introduce one when they feel it to be advantageous in the market. Maybe they don't feel they are at that point yet. But they're clearly thinking about it.

I don't think there would be a FF for Pentax since that market is quite small compared to ASPC/m43. If they ever did bring one out, it should be comparable to the 5D or the D800 or even their flagships. Bringing out a half baked entry level FF could spell doom for a flagship APSC. IMHO the same thing going on with Canikon right now and from their side, I can't see any replacement for the 7D and D300s. But I do hope I'm wrong.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow