Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maklike Tier
Regular MemberPosts: 304Gear list
Like?
Quick and Dirty - PL25mm vs Oly 14-42 EZ vs Pana 12-32 GM1 kit
3 months ago

Okay so I fully admit up front that I did this quick comparison without the same camera settings (I just turned it on and shot the shots) THIS IS NOT SCIENCE. The sales guy was happy to do it in so much as he wasn't that happy to do it, so I had to do it quick so I let the camera do it's thing.

All three shots were done at 25mm. The close up images were about 3.5m (10ft) away. All files were ORF, imported into Lightroom CC as DNG, then exported as full size jpegs with no fiddling whatsoever. The close-up 1:1 shots are actually screengrabs of the DNGs.

Can you guess which is the Panasonic-Leica 25mm f1.4, which is the Panasonic GM1's 12-32 kit zoom, and which is the Olympus 14-42 EZ?

Lens #1

Lens #2

Lens #3

Lens #1

Lens #2

Lens #3

Maklike Tier's gear list:Maklike Tier's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow