Thought mabe the new Fugi S1 could replace my SX50 (NOT SO!)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry  Witt
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
Thought mabe the new Fugi S1 could replace my SX50 (NOT SO!)
2 months ago

I was in hopes that the Fugufilm S1 50X cmarea could replace my knock a round back-up Canon SX50. ( NOT SO ) Received the Fugi at noon today, and by 6PM it was going back in the box. Started out rough in that the DVD would not work on any of three computers. I down loaded instructions and charged up the battery. What a disipointment. This thing will not focus sharp an anything!! I read reviews here in wich the general consensus was that it was not good for birders and other moving subjects, but all my subject mattrer is pretty static in land scape and outdoor photography. I thought that tripod mounted, stabelizer off and timed shutter release I would overcome others comments on soft focus. Not So! After five hours, not one thing was sharp enough to compeat with a cheap cell phone. I like to check camera focus on my neighbors boat house siding about 150yrds away. The SX50 will focus in on the bolts that hold the siding on (sharp). The fugi S1 was so soft, you could not tell that it was corrigated siding. The focus peaking is almost unusable. very weak even set on high. The manual focus wheel has no indicator on the LCD as to where you are. and just keeps turning with no change. At full zoom, it's pretty much unuseable. Larry

Larry Witt's gear list:Larry Witt's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +15 more
Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow