Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StuartABell
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Deficient A6000 manual probably still deficient on the 5100
4 months ago

I've had my A6000 just over a month and am very satisfied with the photographs it takes, the weight it doesn't have, and the value for the $$$.

But, it performs well below my expectations because there is no manual.  It is a trial and error camera, more or less.  The HELP in the camera and PDF gives you such gems as "shutter - operates the shutter." and DRO "DRO that processes with 1 image".  Huh

The HELP explains stuff you already understand and stutters on the hard to understand stuff.

Well, you say, if I were a real photographer I'd already know what DRO is - or I could get an after market book and find out.

That just isn't right.  The camera and manual should at least give an overall view of the functionality of the camera.

I'll bet you know exactly what a USB LUN setting is and why you might want to set it?  If not, you won't learn it from the manual

The camera built in, the supplied PDF, and the HELP are about equal - they explain what I already remember from my darkroom days and tell me nothing about the camera.

Does the 5100 improve on this?

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow