Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
anotherMike
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,945
Like?
Re: Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series, the 3D-look and real photos
In reply to thelenspainter, 1 month ago

I'm not a member of the one-eye in focus club either, but just as a discussion item, I wonder if perhaps your reaction to the sharp/bright/colorful is not so much a product of lenses, but rather that most peoples post processing skills simply aren't that amazing. What I've seen (remember, coming from a background in the film days) is an over-use of edge sharpening, particularly on shots without real detail (it's easy to crank the edges so the thing looks "SHARP" while there really isn't any real detail to support it and the effect is that it's uncomfortable on the eyes since there is a lack of congruence between these hyped up edges and then something else missing), and also a bit of overdoing the color. I understand going for the Velvia + 10% look but these days you see these blown well past reality hyper HDR shots and they don't appeal to me at all either. Can't blame the lenses for either of those however....

-m

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow