Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dylanear
Senior MemberPosts: 2,441Gear list
Like?
7D Mark2 + D750 = D350/D400?
1 month ago

Since the 7D Mk2 is seemingly shaping up to be a very high spec APS-C camera with 1D style build and auto focus (and size?!) will Nikon's only response be a D750?? Or a D750 with a D9300 a little down the line? Or?? A D350/D400 with a 24MP DX sensor and D4/D810 AF, build and control layout? Seems a strong possibility. Just as the D300 shared most the the D700 build and parts aside from viewfinder and sensor, could a D750 have a D350/D400 twin?? I think there's a very strong possibility.

Strange no one else seems to come to this conclusion, or is not being vocal about it if they do. Seems too obvious a possibility to dismiss. Perhaps Nikon thinks full frame and high, but not ground breaking speed will compete well with a high speed cropped camera. And they probably will sell quite a few D750s, but how many of those sales will come from D610/D810 buyers meaning little net increase in sales, little sales from potential Canon buyers? Perhaps a D9300 will be high speed, but I doubt they'd put a lot of D4 tech or ergonomics into a smaller, lighter Dxxxx series body.

Will Nikon really only respond with FX options? I just can't see that being the case. Only a new D7300? A faster, but still not pro build D9300? I just find it hard to believe Nikon will not make a serious competitor to a new high end 7D. Though I must admit, perhaps their desire to corner the Full frame DSLR market may be stronger than their desire to match Canon tit for tat. Perhaps it depends on how excitement for the 7D vs the 750 compares at Photokina. But cranking out a DX version of an existing D750 could probably happen pretty fast (6 months?) if they have done some preliminary R&D alongside the D750 development.
"A good source tells us that the new camera will have EOS-1 build quality, which we expected. The camera will be specced extremely well, but will be missing one feature. It won’t have built-in wifi. This tells me it’ll be a higher megapixel camera (24mp+?) and shoot at a very high frame rate."

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/08/a-bit-of-eos-7d-replacement-info-cr2/

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/18/the-upcoming-full-frame-dslr-camera-will-be-called-nikon-d750.aspx/

dylanear's gear list:dylanear's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus PEN E-P5
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow