Fuji 10-24mm f4 or Fuji 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 for upcoming Alaskan Cruise?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 363Gear list
Like?
Fuji 10-24mm f4 or Fuji 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 for upcoming Alaskan Cruise?
4 months ago

Hello,

I have an Alaskan cruise coming up at the end of next month planned with my girlfriend and we are taking an 11 day cruise up to Alaska through the inside passage with stops at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, the Tracy Arm Fjord, and Victoria, BC. I've been wanting to get another lens to add to my small collection. I currently own the Fuji X-T1 with the 18-55mm kit lens and the awesome 23mm f1.4 lens. I will eventually, most likely, get both of these lenses but in the meantime I'm looking for suggestions on which would best serve me for the cruise? I should mention that I don't care too much to try and capture the wildlife but more of the scenery. We plan to do a few excursions including a helicopter ride over the glaciers. Just looking for opinions on which lens would be the best for me to get now for the trip?

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow