Anybody here own a Fuji X-T1 and then move to the Olympus E-M1 or have both? Decisions...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
Anybody here own a Fuji X-T1 and then move to the Olympus E-M1 or have both? Decisions...
2 months ago

Hello guys,

I'm still debating making this switch from my Fuji X-T1 to an Olympus E-M1. I'm very happy with the quality of pictures I'm getting out of this camera. However, my main caveats with it are: 1. The control dials after awhile just aren't as great as I thought they'd be and 2. Lens pricing! The cost is Huge! I spent $750 on a used 23mm f1.4. And although I'm VERY happy with it's performance, I also want the 10-24mm Wide-angle lens and 18-135mm weather-sealed lens, but I'm looking at roughly $1800 right there! I understand that I'm getting top-notch quality for what I pay for, but this is just a fun little hobby and for me, that's too much too pay for.

So about 4 weeks ago, I started looking at the olympus E-M1 as an alternative since they have some very nice lens for some prices that are more in my range. However, my main concern of course is image quality. I can only go by images uploaded to Flickr and from my eye, the E-M1 does take a hit in IQ compared to the X-T1 which makes me very unsure of the switch. However, the other aspects of the camera greatly interest me such as: The Viewfinder should be comparable to my X-T1, the IBIS, touchscreen, and (most importantly to me) the 2x2 control system and PASM Mode Dial.

So my question is this: Is there anybody who has owned the X-T1 and switched to an E-M1 and tell me what they think? Or if you own both cameras right now, same question? I just want to make sure that I'll still retain great IQ.

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow