Best place to look for used cameras? / Nikon 1 V1 any good?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Okay Emmanuel
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Best place to look for used cameras? / Nikon 1 V1 any good?
1 month ago

So maybe some of you have seen my thread in which I was on a quest to find the best MILC camera in the $300 range used. The answers I got were pretty good, as most people were telling me to search for a Canon EOS M or a Panasonic G5. So i was going to buy a G5, but when i came back to amazon.com, the one i was going to buy was gone! So i searched for a Canon Eos M. While looking for one of those, i came across the Nikon 1 V1. Which is an MILC which can apparently shoot in 4K Raw (which is supposedly a good thing). If any of you are familiar with the Nikon 1 V1, would you recommend it for 1080p Video Primarily and all around photos also? I also came across a Panasonic G3 for $270, which is supposedly a dumbed down G5, should i go for the G3 or just stick with searching for a G5? I also found a few Nikon D3100's in the 200 range with the kit lens. Is that a good deal that I should go for instead? And if any of you have any other cameras to recommend, feel free to recommend them! Just keep in mind that i'd like the camera to be able to shoot in RAW, and have 1080p video. It'd also be nice if it had an accessory port so I can use LED video lights, and a viewfinder would be nice too. But if it doesnt have any of those, that's okay.

Thanks!

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow