Upgrade from D90 to D810? Your advice please...

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Owl369
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Upgrade from D90 to D810? Your advice please...
2 months ago

Hi all this is my first question on this forum and I hope some of you can help me out.

I have been using a D90 in the last 5 years but mainly for family and nature photos. Lately I've become very interested in HDR photography and have been practicing bracketing (3 exposures) on my D90. Now the last couple of months I've been reading many positive articles about the D810 and its overall performance.

My 1st question is...would this camera contribute to better HDR quality pictures? I know that HDR has to do with shooting photos at different exposure levels and that a full-frame camera is probably not necessary but please I'm just curious. I've seen very beautiful HDR pictures taken with so many different, less expensive models.

My 2nd question is...which model would you advise me to buy if I decide to upgrade from D90 with a budget of $5k?

~I'm extremely enthusiastic about photography and will dedicate a lot of time in the next coming years to further improve my skills.

Thanks in advance

Owl369's gear list:Owl369's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D810 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow