ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cschifano
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Color shift between D700 and D810 -- headshots
2 months ago

Hello,

Long time lurker here, haven't posted in years (hangs head in shame), but I am looking for some advice.

I took some headshots last year with a D700. They will be used in a brochure. The same person asked me to take a headshot of a new employee this year, which I did with a D810. The headshot taken with the D810 looks more magenta than the ones taken with the D700. All the images from the D700 and the one taken with the D810 will be used in a new brochure, plus printed to be hung in the offices.

Any recommendation on how I can best try to match the headshot taken with the D810 with the D700? I have both RAW and jpeg images. Ideally, I would like to not have to reprocess the images taken with the D700, but will do that if it's best in the end. I have Photoshop CS5, but can get into Lightroom if need be.

In both instances, the same lens was used (Nikon 85 mm F1.8), same shutter speed (1/200), same ISO (200), same background (mottled grey) and lighting set up (studio strobes). Aperture was a little different, but it was also a little different between the other 6 headshots done with the D700.

I have very little experience with color correction (other to my eye) and zero experience in color matching. But it is something I would like to learn. And no, my monitor is not calibrated (hangs head in shame again).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

-- hide signature --

cschifano
- Capture time in a photograph -

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D700 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow