can a police officer shoot a person in the back?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edification
Contributing MemberPosts: 902Gear list
Like?
can a police officer shoot a person in the back?
1 month ago

first this is not about the brown anderson thing so please lets keep this 100% hypothetical with no color or current affairs involved.

we seem to be getting many opinions on when an officer can and can not shoot a suspect.

is it okay for a police officer to shoot a suspect in the back who is trying to get away?

what is that person is refusing to stop and he is fleeing the scene of a homicide?

what if that person has just assaulted a person and caused great bodily harm?

police are supposed to "serve and protect" - if they let people who might be dangerous get away it would seem to me that they are not doing their job - how can they be "protecting" if they let dangerous people just run away and if they had the chance to stop them but didn't and another person was hurt would they be at fault?

frankly I could not be a cop - the split second decisions and then dealing with what others said happened who were not in your shoes would not be a profession I would choose

go watch the video at this link cops kill man surrendering  and after you watch it and you are sure the cops are the bad guys - read the story and find out more

-- hide signature --

Ed

Edification's gear list:Edification's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow