Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vivec
Contributing MemberPosts: 525
Like?
Fuji XT-1 versus D810 / A7r
3 months ago

Here is an interesting comparison by Tom Grill between the Fuji XT-1 and the Nikon D810 images.

http://aboutphotography-tomgrill.blogspot.com/2014/08/fuji-x-t1-and-nikon-d810-how-do-they.html

He compares images that are both scaled to 50mb (ie. the 36mp D810 is downscaled to about 18mp). However, this is for me the interesting part: nobody views photos at pixel level, so this is most close to how one would compare a print in detail. Funny enough, he gives 3 pairs of images and I think anyone would have a hard time figuring which image come from what camera.

Actually, I could guess them all but only after looking for a quite a while. I think the important question to ask when viewing each image whether you would prefer one or the other.

This is a follow-up from an earlier post where he compared the Fuji X-E2 against the A7r -- this time upscaling the Fuji to 36mp   Again, it would be exceedingly difficult to spot the which image is which:

http://aboutphotography-tomgrill.blogspot.com/2014/01/an-unfair-comparison-fuji-x-e2-vs-sony.html

I happen to own both an A7r and X-Pro and I already noticed that there is in practice little extra I get from the A7r. Of course, when I view 100%, I see more detail from the A7r, but in prints or just full-screen, the Fuji often has a really good look to it and is just as sharp. Just my observation, but the comparison above confirms it quite convincingly!

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D810 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow