Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,565Gear list
Like?
Thermal noise issue in 1.2X crop mode?
4 months ago

I've been following all the threads on the thermal noise issue as I have one of the affected D810 serial numbers. However, all the threads are discussing the long exposure issue, which is not a great concern to me as I typically turn LENR on when using it. My concern is the 1.2X crop mode as I use that a lot when using my D810 as a semi-action cam. 6 fps at 1.2X crop mode without a grip is one of the things that got me to finally jump on the D810 as completely bettering my D300 and D7000 in one camera when neither the D610 nor the D800 fully met all my desires (not true needs, as I didn't really need a new camera).

Anyone seeing the issue in the 1.2X crop mode? I'll do some serious testing tonight, but I haven't noticed it yet in my normal photography, although this past weekend is the first time I've shot a lot in that mode since I bought it. I understand in the 1.2X mode the issue has nothing to do with long exposure. I just read a couple horror stories about cameras coming back in worse condition that has me a little nervous about sending mine in right now if I'm not currently seeing any issues. Thanks.

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow