12-60mm metering problems -- sticky aperture blades?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ipmungam
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
12-60mm metering problems -- sticky aperture blades?
2 months ago

I've searched and found a few threads on this topic in the forums, but wanted to ask explicitly just to be sure: lately my 12-60mm has been over- and under-exposing shots.  In some cases the viewfinder image visibly gets dimmer while I'm composing a shot, and then stays dim.  At first I assumed it was my E-30 because it has behaved strangely in the past (software glitches I think), but in the most recent case I switched to my 50-200mm and found it worked fine, so I conclude it's the 12-60 lens.  I'm guessing that the aperture is sticking, causing the camera to mis-meter and/or making it unable to set the aperture the camera tells it to.

I bought it used so not sure how many shots it's taken, but I've been using it for about two years myself so at least quite a few.  I think I have the warranty card for it, but will have to check.  I'd be happy to hear any ideas out there for testing it.  I assume that if it is indeed an aperture problem it will have to be sent for professional service, any advice on that is also appreciated (I'm in the UK).  Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow