Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Landsandgrooves
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Why I can't go all Fuji
2 months ago

I'd love to start selling off my Nikon system and go all Fuji.  I have the X100s, the X-E1 and the X-E2.  Have the 14mm, 23mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.4, 18-55mm, 60mm Macro, and the 55-200mm Fuji lenses.  Love the system.

But . . . the video.

Just rented the Sony A7s body and one lens.  Fabulous video!!  Stunning low light ability.  No, I won't buy that system.  Already have an NEX 5R and three lenses which never leave the house.  The Fujis kick that camera's butt for stills.

Video is a big deal these days for so many people, and it's essential for my work.

At this point, I'm going to hold off buying any more Fuji bodies.  I'll remain hopeful that they opt to bring up the video capabilities to the same kind of high level as the still photo ability their boxes have.

Yes, I know.  Just buy a video camera.  I have them.  Many of them.  Canon XF cameras and a Sony FS-700 camera (which works great with all the Nikon lenses).  It's not that I actually need Fuji to embrace video, but I love the Fuji cameras, so I sure would like to be able to leave everything else at home and just go all Fuji.

Not quite yet.  So, Fujifilm, if you are listening . . .

-- hide signature --

Tom Gresham

Landsandgrooves's gear list:Landsandgrooves's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 +21 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow