Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
draculr
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 1.8g's vs Sigma 1.4 Art Series, the 3D-look and real photos
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, 4 months ago

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

A sharp focal plane that punctuates the action or artistic intent can heighten the importance of the subject within the scene, of course it has value, but it is so often abused and seems like a tired contemporary trope now, and, it's just technically bad photography in many cases - when only one eye is in focus, for instance, or once face between a couple, etc...

Shallow depth of field ruins more photos than it helps.

Good one Matsu. Trope. Or meme. You've got to love the English language :^)

If I never see another fuzzy nose and ears portrait, it will be just fine.

As far as color rendition is concerned, give me those fat juicy Nikon nano coated items any day of the week over Zeiss or Sigma. Far more important than any infinitesimal difference in sharpness.

Well along those lines somehow I'm crazily happy with my 85mm 1.8g after being a Canon 85LII user for so long. There's just something sweet about the Nikon look (the 85 isn't Nano coated even - but that just affects the flaring I believe). Having it cost and weigh so much less is just a huge bonus!

-- hide signature --
 draculr's gear list:draculr's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7S Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow